BUILD Metro DC Associate Board welcomes new board member, Aaron Swinton! Aaron is inspired by the work that BUILD does to support students in under-resourced communities build businesses and make connections that will impact their future. Aaron is interested in supporting BUILD’s programming and is passionate about helping people take their ideas and turn them into reality.
More about Aaron
Prior to co-founding ShockVentures, Aaron served as a Fundraising & Strategy Associate with Techstars and as an Investor with VU Venture Partners where he focused on sourcing companies in the space technology vertical. He also spent over two years at The St. James, a PE Backed sports and wellness complex, where he assisted the CEOs from pre-opening to full operation and scaled the 450k sq ft. complex from the original team of ~20 employees to 600+. As a former team captain of the William and Mary football team, he loves sports and empowering teams to reach their full potential. He received his BA & MS in Accounting from the College of William and Mary.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.