BUILD: Metro DC
Welcome to BUILD Metro DC! Headquartered in Adams Morgan, BUILD has become a critical feature for the city in engaging students from under-resourced communities through our four-year entrepreneurship, business development, and post-secondary readiness model. In partnership with DCPS and charter schools, we serve 400 students at nine high schools in the District of Columbia this school year. We operate school-based business incubators, in which more than 40 student business teams launch and run their very own startups.
Our students are provided individualized academic support and business coaching, supported by professional mentors who work with our young entrepreneurs on a weekly basis. BUILD staff and volunteers cultivate our students’ business, academic, and life skills to prepare them for high school, college, and career success.
- Metro DC
Regional Advisory Board
- Timothy Garnett, Board Chair, Partner, The Avascent Group
- Jeffrey H. Blum, Senior Vice-President and Deputy General Counsel, DISH Network LLC
- Stephen Jones, Partner, SineWave Ventures
- Harold B. Pettigrew, Jr., Director of Entrepreneurship, CFED
- Scott Plumridge, Principal, The Halifax Group
- Courtney Straus, Executive Director, JPMorgan Private Bank
- Amy Wright, President and CEO, Macro Solutions, Inc.
- Irving Yoskowitz, Senior Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP