BUILD: Metro DC
Welcome to BUILD Metro DC! Headquartered in Adams Morgan, BUILD has become a critical feature for the city in engaging its most under-resourced students through our four-year entrepreneurship, business development, and post-secondary readiness model. In partnership with DCPS and charter schools, we serve over 300 students at six high schools in the District. BUILD Metro DC also operates the region’s largest youth business Incubator, where more than 30 student business teams operate their enterprises.
Every afternoon, our students are provided individualized academic support PLUS business coaching.BUILD Metro DC engages mentors, volunteers, and tutors who annually offer over 4,000 hours of service to our young entrepreneurs. These volunteers cultivate our students’ business, academic and life skills, with the result being 100% of BUILD seniors graduating from high school and going to college.
- Metro DC
Regional Advisory Board
- Timothy Garnett, Board Chair, Partner, The Avascent Group
- Jeffrey H. Blum, Senior Vice-President and Deputy General Counsel, DISH Network LLC
- Steve Boyd, Founder and CEO, New City Energy
- William Cilluffo, Executive Vice President, Card Partnerships, Capital One
- Craig Dye, Director, VentureAccelerator, University of Maryland
- Stephen Jones, Partner, SineWave Ventures
- Peter Mellen, Founder and CEO, NetCito
- Harold B. Pettigrew, Jr., Operations and Business Development Executive
- Scott Plumridge, Principal, The Halifax Group
- Courtney Straus, Executive Director, JPMorgan Private Bank
- Amy Wright, President and CEO, Macro Solutions, Inc.
- Irving Yoskowitz, Senior Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Pat Sheridan, CEO, Modus Create