On January 30th, BUILD Boston hosted the Investor Pitch Challenge at Suffolk University. 29 student teams from our 6 partner schools pitched for seed funding in front of 39 VIP judges from the business community. Judges represented many of our employer partners including PwC, BNY Mellon, BlackRock, and EY. Students pitched an array of impressive ideas and prototypes, showcasing all the hard work they put in!
Some of the products included; a solution to missing socks, a microwavable heating pad for your slippers, homemade shampoo bars, a kit with everything you need on your period, and an original T-shirt design that brings awareness to having safe and non-triggering conversations around domestic violence trauma. We are deeply proud of all the students for stepping out of their comfort zones during this important milestone in their BUILD journey! We also want to recognize that this event would not be possible without our dedicated mentors, teachers, staff, and the support of our volunteers and judges. Our 9th grade students are now getting ready to sell their products for the very first time on Tuesday, March 31st at the Spring Sales Bazaar.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.