BUILD has been led by powerful, fearless women for the last 20 years! BUILD all started when four students asked BUILD Founder, Suzanne McKechnie Klahr, to support their business idea. Today, BUILD is led by two pioneering women, BUILD CEO, Ayele Shakur and BUILD President, Thais Rezende. Under this powerful leadership, BUILD has grown to serve over 6,000 students in 53 cities across the nation.
BUILD is celebrating Women’s History Month by highlighting the fantastic, ambitious women of today and the past. Over the next few weeks, we’re incredibly excited to introduce you to some of our own, powerful BUILD staff, students, teachers and volunteers who are blazing paths forward, for themselves and for those who follow in their footsteps.
International Women's Day: Student Spotlight
Kaylynn joined BUILD in 2019, hoping to exercise her creativity and make an impact.
And what an impact she made—her and her teammates came up not one but two businesses, an eco-friendly sunscreen and an app that helps families connect during COVID-19. The team was one of the top winners of BUILDFest National last year and Kaylynn is currently the President of her school.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.