“People love to underestimate me: I’m young, I’m Black, and I’m a woman. I want to be a voice for the people who don’t have one.”
–Muriel Bowser, Mayor of Washington D.C.
“We must reaffirm our commitment to ensuring that women and girls everywhere …are able to grow, succeed, and thrive.”
– London Breed, Mayor of San Francisco
“We are redefining what leadership looks like and pushing for every single person to be a part of that conversation.”
-Michelle Wu, Mayor of Boston
Meet BUILD’s Women Leaders
Our Regional Executive Directors embody the spirit of charting a course forward for all the young women who will one day become entrepreneurial changemakers.
We also want to give a shout out to our fantastic BUILDer, Rashaida Melvin. Raishaida co-wrote one of Educational Leadership’s most popular articles of 2021! In writing Four Myths on [Teacher] Coaching and Efficacy, Rashaida has done critical work to help educators bring immediate change to their students.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.