BUILD Metro DC is thrilled to announce a new addition to the team! Carrie Miller will be joining the BUILD Metro DC Associate Board!
Carrie Miller is an Associate in the Global Trade practice of Goodwin Procter LLP, where she advises clients in a range of industries on international trade and foreign investment matters. Carrie endeavors to provide business-minded legal advice, as her practice often involves counseling startup companies and other clients in emerging technology industries as they navigate the financing process. Carrie is a graduate of the University of North Carolina-Asheville and William & Mary Law School. Prior to attending law school, Carrie worked as an investigator with the Public Defender’s Service for the District of Columbia and later led its investigative intern program. Carrie has experience tutoring and mentoring students at the elementary and high school levels and was also an inaugural member of The Winston-Salem Foundation’s Youth Grantmakers in Action, a youth-driven philanthropy platform supporting student-led community projects.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.