BUILD Metro DC Advisory Board is excited to announce Kassie McGue as it’s newest member! Kassie discovered BUILD three years ago when she relocated to DC and sought community involvement. Hence why the organization is a perfect match for her; BUILD combines her passion for entrepreneurship and her personal goal of helping students achieve their full potential. Therefore, Kassie is thrilled for the opportunity to get more involved at BUILD!
More about Kassie McGue
Kassie McGue is an experienced hospitality and real estate professional. She grew up in the restaurant industry, so her passion for serving people formed early on. Kassie worked her way up through the restaurant industry holding roles as a prep cook, host and banquet server. Eventually, she attended the Cornell School of Hotel Administration where she focused on real estate & entrepreneurship.
In college, Kassie volunteered for the on-campus entrepreneurship institute where she facilitated the connection between real-world entrepreneurs and students through a mentorship program. Currently, Kassie works at DiamondRock Hospitality, a hotel REIT, where she focuses on acquisitions and development. With a childhood raised in the Chicagoland area, she is the youngest of four children. Kassie is passionate about staying healthy and loves to bike in Rock Creek Park. At the moment, Kassie is training for her first triathlon and is a member of the Washington D.C. Gaels, a gaelic football team.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.