Two BUILD Youth Business Incubators Open in Dorchester
On June 9th, 2015, BUILD celebrated the grand opening of two Youth Business Incubators in our Dorchester high schools – Jeremiah E. Burke High School and the Community Academy of Science and Health. The ribbon cutting ceremony featured a student business expo where BUILD students practiced their pitches on our honored guest, Mayor Martin J. Walsh.
Mayor Walsh buys a Bluetooth speaker from Faith Padilla, Burke 10th grade student of Fusions, a student run business at BUILD.
This short video was produced by the city of Boston and includes remarks from Mayor Martin J. Walsh about BUILD’s contribution to Boston’s innovation economy.
These incubators were made possible by a generous donation from PwC.
You can read more about this event in several local news sources:
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.