1,000 members of Boston’s hottest companies brought their A-games to the Reggie Lewis Track & Field Center to connect and compete at the 7th Annual BUILD Entrepreneur Games on October 24th. Together, we raised over $315,000 for BUILD’s youth entrepreneurship program for Boston teens.
At BUILD, we are challenging local companies to do more to invest in the development of youth and communities often overlooked in our backyard – and more than 70 companies stepped up to the challenge this year as part of the Entrepreneur Games.
Team CloudHealth by VMware came out on top of the 2019 BUILD Entrepreneur Games and took home the trophy! Close behind was Team Rapid7, and Team Thrive took third place!
We changed up the opening ceremonies this year with our C-Suite Challenge. Shannon Lane from Hopper, Lex Miller from WeWork, Nicole Sahin from Globalization Partners, Roy Hirshland from T3 Advisors, Corey Thomas from Rapid7, and Phil Pergola from CloudHealth by VMware, started the event with a fierce competition complete with pony hops, donut eating, and agility! Congratulations to Shannon Lane who brought in a win for Team Hopper.
Whether or not they took home a win, all companies enjoyed plenty of tasty food and beer thanks to our event partners. For even more Entrepreneur Games fun, check out our news coverage.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.