Entrepreneur.com Interviews BUILD CEO Ayele Shakur
Ayele Shakur believes that if our country wants to build a strong future for tomorrow, we need to teach young students about entrepreneurship starting today. A veteran classroom educator, Shakur taught for 11 years in the Los Angeles area and in the Boston Public Schools. Today, she is the CEO of Build.org, a national nonprofit whose mission is to use entrepreneurship to unlock the potential of young people living in under-resourced communities. With more than three decades of experience as an innovator in urban education, Shakur is on a mission to spark the Generation Entrepreneur (Gen E) movement. She sat down with Jessica Abo to discuss how Build.org works and what she’s doing to make entrepreneurship education a requirement in schools.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.