In our upcoming challenge, students across the country will solve this challenge question: “How might we develop entrepreneurial solutions to everyday challenges for people in our schools and communities?”
As an educator, there is always something to do. Between grading lessons and keeping up with changing regulations, there just isn’t enough time in the day. Edutopia.com is a tremendous resource for educators. Here are a few great articles to get you started.
One teacher guides her students to think deeply first in conversation with her, then with a peer and a larger group.
Waiting for a teacher’s support can be hard for some students, but with the right strategies, they can learn to use this time productively.
A look at one way middle and high school teachers can equip their students with the skills to become independent thinkers.
Lessons steeped in social and emotional learning can help students learn to accept the idea that their views could be wrong.
Spread the Word!
We know you love BUILD. Make sure your community knows how wonderful we are too. Please share our teacher, mentor and student flyers, so that we can spread the word about BUILD.
Check out these fun ideas that can be used to show your class and the school what BUILD is made of.
Back to School Fun!
Challenge your friends! Share, tag, and get to know your colleagues with these getting-to-know-you ideas.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.