In June 2020, BUILD DC created our first-ever week-long online voting experience, Fund a Future! Participants were able to browse student teams, watch video pitches, review financial projections and marketing plans, hear from mentors and teachers, and cast votes for the winning team.
Even when we moved to online learning, our students were still at work. We are proud of all that our students accomplished at home with limited internet, limited technology and little adult guidance. COVID19 has tested out BUILDers, and the challenges it has presented have only proven that our students are innovative, resilient, and full of grit.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.