This week is Global Entrepreneurship Week! Wondering how to celebrate innovation and young entrepreneurial ventures in your area? BUILD’s young entrepreneurs are already pitching their new business ideas and selling their products at BUILD events, both nationally and in our core regions! Participate in this global celebration by attending an in-person event, becoming a peer fundraiser, or just watching a virtual event from the comfort of your own home. So many innovative ways to support the power of entrepreneurship.
Join us for our virtual event on November 29, Giving Tuesday, to conclude our month-long celebration of National Entrepreneurship Month! Ande Lyons of Startup Life LIVE will start by speaking with BUILD’s President Thais Rezende about the power of entrepreneurship in under-resourced communities. After, BUILD Alum Tony Shavers III will discuss his new book “Here I Stand” and his journey from BUILD student to published author and business owner. Finally, we will be featuring some of our special community members that have been participating in our BUILDing Gen E campaign this month!
Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week by attending an event, volunteering as a judge, or shopping student products at a BUILD event in your area. Click on the images to explore more regional BUILD events!
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.