National Hispanic Heritage Month is an annual celebration of the history and culture of the U.S. Latinx and Hispanic communities. The event commemorates how those communities have influenced and contributed to American society at large. Click here to learn more.
What's The Difference?
At BUILD, we have a diverse population. This month and always, we celebrate our 506 students, 7 mentors, and 3 teachers that identify as Hispanic or Latinx. To spotlight our pride, here are some quotes from our incredible Alumni, sharing how they feel about their cultural identities.
BUILD Design Challenge
In our BUILD Design Challenge, students solve for different clients of diverse backgrounds and heritages. Three of our amazing Alumni are featured clients that identify as LatinX or Hispanic. During the challenge, students across the country will solve this challenge question: “How might we develop entrepreneurial solutions to everyday challenges for people in our schools and communities?” Click here for more information about the challenge. Get to know a few of this year’s clients Arturo, Marianny, and Sixto!
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.