Feeling the Spirit at BUILD’s Holiday Sales Bazaar
On December 18th, BUILD Boston hosted our first Holiday Sales Bazaar at District Hall and the lobby of PwC. The event was a big success for our youth entrepreneurs. We had 100 students representing 7 Boston Public Schools come together to sell and gain valuable feedback on their products from 100+ Secret Shopper Judges. The students sold nearly $5,000 worth of products. In BUILD, students get to keep the profits they earn – so needless to say, the students were definitely feeling the holiday spirit.
While the Holiday Sales Bazaar featured our 10th & 11th grade students, our next event is focused exclusively on our 9th grade students who will be selling their products for the very first time on Thursday, April 11th. Keep your eye out for more information!
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.