Juneteenthis the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. As an organization focused on Promoting Diversity and Social Action, it’s important that BUILD uplifts this Core Value by honoring Juneteenth as an annual day of remembrance.
During this pivotal year of racial reckoning, we feel it’s important to find time to pause and reflect on our nation’s history of oppression, and the resounding call for true freedom and justice that continues today.
We must never forget the legacy of slavery and how the wealth of this nation was built on the backs of enslaved African people through 400 years of free labor and subjugation. We must never forget what injustice looks like and how racial injustice continues to prevail in this nation based on skin color.
In the spirit of #OneBUILD, we want to both recognize and celebrate all the cultures and identities represented at BUILD. Please join BUILD in celebrating Juneteenth by supporting Black-owned businesses and restaurants in your area. Let freedom ring!
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.