On, Feb. 6, 2016, the day before Super Bowl 50, BUILD was invited to “pitch” to the owners of the NFL teams and their invited guests on Saturday as part of 1st & Future – an NFL sponsored startup competition at the intersection of sports and technology, presented by TechCrunch in collaboration with the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Our BUILDers also offered up yet another proof point for our educational model to this esteemed audience. (Watch the video here.) As they presented their businesses, they shared with the audience what BUILD has taught them in order to succeed, from learning how to push through tough moments – business or personal – to collaborating with colleagues for a better outcome.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.