At BUILD, our students run real businesses (and earn real profits!) They develop amazing products such as portable silverware, custom-blended organic fragrances, cookies with your photo on them, and more unique finds. If you are interested in meeting our students and picking up some of their innovative creations, you can find them at the following selling events in March:
March 5, 2016: Minority Business Expo at Blue Hills Boys and Girls Club (register for the expo here)
March 10, 2016: the Haley House in Roxbury from 6:30-8:00 pm
March 22, 2016 – Roxbury Innovation Center (Venture Night) from 4:30-7:30 pm
If you head out to one of these events please let us know on twitter or facebook and share some pictures of your purchases!
You can contact Richard Futrell if you have any questions about BUILD selling events and how to get your hands on all your favorite student products!
Team Afro got the season started earlier this month by selling their line of imported African clothing and accessories at the Haley House in Roxbury. Thanks to Rachel Darke for the amazing photo!
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.