BUILD Supporters and Secret Shoppers Spend Big at the Spring Sales Bazaar
BUILD students from six Boston Public High Schools brought in more than $4,600 at our Spring Sales Bazaar at Davio’s on March 28, 2018. Students pitched their businesses to shoppers from nearby office buildings with about 50 secret shopper judges placed in the crowd to help evaluate the students’ pitch, product, and pricing.
The top seller of the afternoon was Double Charge from Madison Park High School. These sophomores sold over $400 worth of their combination water bottle/cell phone charger. (Double Charge also won the grand prize at the BUILDFest Pitch Challenge last year – you can watch their pitch here.)
Thank you to everyone who came out to support our young entrepreneurs. Be sure to sign up for our mailing list if you want to be notified of more events like this in the future. We hope to see you there!
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.