At BUILD’s 20-Year Anniversary Gala, keynote speaker and BUILD alumnus Theron Jones spoke about the impact BUILD has had on his life. Watch this video to see how he triumphed over incredible obstacles and used entrepreneurship to make it through college, start a family, and buy his first home.
Theron’s story is not atypical for youth in the communities we serve. His success is an example of what youth can attain through BUILD’s intensive and engaging entrepreneurship program. If you’d like to hear Theron’s full story, you can watch the unedited version of his speech here.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.