We’ve been having so much fun celebrating National Mentoring Month on our social media accounts! Today is International #ThankYourMentorDay and we are here to say THANK YOU to our amazing crew of mentors for the 2016-2017 school year!
Every year our students tell us that their favorite thing about BUILD is their mentor. Mentors ignite the spark that gets students’ ideas, motivation, confidence, and businesses flowing. Mentors not only guide students through building the products and creating a business plan – they also guide students through the challenges that they face in school, at home, and beyond. We cannot emphasize enough how critical the role of a mentor is, and #ThankYourMentorDay is the perfect day to celebrate that fully!
Here’s a special shoutout to all of our mentors. You are integral in growing our students’ confidence and skills as they launch their businesses, and growing their minds and hearts as they launch their bright futures!
Shely Do Souto
Kathleen Douglas Muther
Inspired by the commitment of our wonderful crew of mentors?
It’s not too late to join them!
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.