Happy National Mentoring Month! Over the past few weeks, we have been highlighting a few of our amazing mentors on twitter,facebook, and LinkedIn. Today, on #ThankYourMentorDay, we are thrilled to honor all 164 BUILD Mentors.
Our volunteer mentors guide students through the process of launching a business. Just as importantly, they guide students through the challenges of life and help them develop into creative, industrious, and powerful young adults, ready to take on the world!
Here’s a special shoutout to all of our mentors. We truly appreciate everything you do!
Another Course to College Hyde Park
Aditya Manoj Yelisetti
Jeremiah E. Burke High School Dorchester
Community Academy of Science and Health Dorchester
Charlestown High School Charlestown
Denise Wilson Montgomery
Dearborn STEM Academy Dorchester
Shely Do Souto
Excel High School South Boston
John Carpenter (lead)
Madison Park Technical Vocational High School Roxbury
Here’s special shoutout the amazing companies who organized their employees into teams to co-mentor BUILD student businesses.
Flybridge Capital Partners
Silicon Valley Bank
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.