BUILD: Metro DC
Welcome to BUILD Metro DC! Headquartered in Adams Morgan, BUILD has become a critical feature for the city in engaging students from under-resourced communities through our four-year entrepreneurship, business development, and post-secondary readiness model. In partnership with DCPS and charter schools, we serve 300 students at seven high schools in the District of Columbia this school year. We operate school-based business incubators, in which more than 40 student business teams launch and run their very own startups.
Our students are provided individualized academic support and business coaching, supported by professional mentors who work with our young entrepreneurs on a weekly basis. BUILD staff and volunteers cultivate our students’ business, academic, and life skills to prepare them for high school, college, and career success.
- Metro DC Office
Local Advisory Board
- Kimberly Churches, Board Chair, CEO, American Association of University Women
- Sabrina Aery, Director, Federal Payment Agencies/340B, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Jeffrey H. Blum, Senior Vice-President and Deputy General Counsel, DISH Network LLC
- Alicia Fuller, Director, Silicon Valley Bank
- Timothy Garnett, Managing Director, The Avascent Group
- Heather Godsmark, Managing Director, KPMG LLP
- Alex Johnston, Practice Leader, Gartner
- Lance Marine, Senior VP, Retail Services, CBRE
- Adeleke Omitowoju, Principal, Groundwork
- Anesa Parker, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting
- Suzanne Roske, Partner, PwC Washington Metro Government Contracts Practice
- Patrick Van den Bossche, Partner / Board Member, A.T. Kearney, Inc.
- Amy Wright, President and CEO, Macro Solutions, Inc.
- Irving Yoskowitz, Senior Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP