BUILD: Metro DC
Welcome to BUILD Metro DC! Headquartered in Adams Morgan, BUILD has become a critical feature for the city in engaging students from under-resourced communities through our four-year entrepreneurship, business development, and post-secondary readiness model. In partnership with DCPS and charter schools, we serve 180 students at five high schools in the District of Columbia this school year. We operate school-based business incubators, in which student business teams launch and run their very own startups.
Our students are provided individualized academic support and business coaching, supported by professional mentors who work with our young entrepreneurs on a weekly basis. BUILD staff and volunteers cultivate our students’ business, academic, and life skills to prepare them for high school, college, and career success.
Local Advisory Board
- Kimberly Churches, Board Chair, CEO, American Association of University Women
- Todd Barnes, Co-Founder & COO, Macro Solutions, Inc.
- Jeffrey H. Blum, Senior Vice-President and Deputy General Counsel, DISH Network LLC
- Mitch Brooks, Chief Operating Officer, DSI
- Alicia Fuller, Director, Silicon Valley Bank
- Timothy Garnett, Managing Director, The Avascent Group
- Malcom Glenn, Head of Global Policy, Accessibility and Underserved Communities, Uber
- Heather Godsmark, Global Chief Business Operations Officer, Dentons
- Dora Gougoufkas, VP Risk Management, Capital One
- Lance Marine, Senior VP, Retail Services, CBRE
- Melinda Moyo, Enterprise Partner Channel Manager, Microsoft
- Adeleke Omitowoju, Principal, Groundwork
- Anesa Parker, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting
- Suzanne Roske, Partner, PwC Washington Metro Government Contracts Practice
- Patrick Van den Bossche, Partner / Board Member, A.T. Kearney, Inc.
- Matt Wexler, Managing Partner, Foxhall Partners
- Irving Yoskowitz, Senior Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP