BUILD Your Future is an entrepreneurship course that utilizes an experiential learning framework to allow students to start and run their own small business over the course of a school year. Students grow in six core social emotional skills while working together in small groups to generate ideas, pitch for funding, and eventually launch a product offering.
BUILD is currently offered in seven districts across the country and is in the process of identifying additional school partners for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Licensed Partnership Program
The curriculum is designed for a teacher to serve as an advisor to students as they identify a target market, develop a product or service idea, and bring that product or service to market, earning real revenues and managing their business. Sessions may run for one semester or over the course of the year.
Your Formula for Success
The BUILD program is most successful when the following critical components are in place:
- Dedicated teacher, whom BUILD will support
- Dedicated classroom or lab space that allows for flexible, small group seating
- Ability for students to sell products on school premises
- Small budget for transportation to off-site events
- Small budget for classroom materials