I’m inspired every day by our students, by knowing that each graduating BUILD class is continuing to foster a more equitable, creative, and impassioned society for future generations.
Have you ever simultaneously co-edited an essay on a Google Doc with a fellow writer, feverishly scrambling to make all the final changes leading up to the deadline?
Scholarship season has entered the chat. A student and I were sharing comments, deleting sentences, and adding quotes to an amazing application, but the stress of the rush gave me high blood pressure all night. The experience itself was funny enough to make it memorable, it was even better when they won the scholarship.
How would BUILD have helped you as a student?
BUILD’s entrepreneurship program helps students develop and strengthen their voice — from the first steps of creating their own businesses, students are challenged to think outside the box. The program’s learning community of educators and volunteers carry a tremendous lift in heightening students’ critical thinking and innovation. I would have benefited from having a similar cohort of caring, insightful mentors to help foster my own personal growth, professional exploration, and academic curiosity.
What do you hope for our students to learn from their BUILD experience?
How to step out into the world as a confident and independent young adult, one who can enter any room feeling proud of their ideas, opinions, identities, and histories.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.