BUILD: Metro DC’s Regional Executive Director, Bryce Jacobs; Gala Honoree, Chef Jose Andres; BUILD President, Chuck Salter
A Taste of Entrepreneurship Success!
All of us at BUILD Metro DC are thrilled to announce the amazing success of Taste of Entrepreneurship, our very first seated gala in Washington. The generous investments from our supporters allowed BUILD to raise $120,000 to help us serve thousands of students in the DC Metro region. These young people will benefit from a powerful combination of hands-on entrepreneurship education and academic support to reach their career goals.
Here are some of our favorite moments from this inspiring evening:
- Chef José Andrés’ inspirational message: “BUILD students, if you’ve failed, don’t be sad. Be happy, because you are already ahead of the game. Learn from it, and make everyone around you just as successful as yourself. This is the new American Dream!”
- BUILD senior Geraldine Bolden, who brought many to tears as she spoke about the confidence and voice she developed with the help of BUILD and its staff.
- BUILD Metro DC Executive Director Bryce Jacobs’s call to action, leading many in the audience to invest in a strong future for DC’s young people.
- Our student sales bazaar where almost every student business sold out of their inventory. Our entrepreneurs featured socks that snap together, reusable heating pouches, a Girls on the Go travel kit, and much more.
- A local book store’s decision to purchase handmade books from BUILD team SM Children’s Books for resale!
If you would like to see more photos from our event or have any questions about our work, please email Kamilla Kovacs at firstname.lastname@example.org.