Do you want to make a positive impact in the lives of young entrepreneurs?
Research shows that students who build relationships with caring, consistent adult mentors set higher educational goals, have better school attendance, grow in essential interpersonal and emotional skills such as self-awareness and problem-solving, and are more likely to complete high school and succeed in college.
BUILD asks that all mentors commit to working with students for a full academic year. Mentors meet with students for 1.5 hours, weekly throughout the academic year at one of our partner schools. During the COVID-19 pandemic, all mentor sessions are held virtually.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.