Last month, BUILD Metro DC’s Regional Executive Director, Karleton Thomas, was asked to testify at the DC City Council’s Committee on Labor and Workforce Development, Budget Oversight Hearing. On July 20th, the DC Council approved […]
BUILD has made a huge impact on me and I truly appreciate all that they do for their students! – Yarency, BUILD Graduate and Scholarship Recipient After an unprecedented virtual school year, BUILD was excited […]
BUILD applauds President Biden for officially making Juneteenth a national holiday. Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. We asked our Black Affinity […]
Many aspiring entrepreneurs, especially those who live in distressed communities, lack the runway capital – funds for space, materials, and support – needed to launch their business. Access to capital […]
The BUILD program aligns 100% with ESSER funding requirements. At BUILD.org, entrepreneurship is the spark, college, career, and life success are the goal. Bring BUILD to your school with the ESSER Funding.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.