DC Council Budget Sets Students Up For Strong Year
Last month, BUILD Metro DC’s Regional Executive Director, Karleton Thomas, was asked to testify at the DC City Council’s Committee on Labor and Workforce Development, Budget Oversight Hearing. On July 20th, the DC Council approved on its first vote a FY22 budget that includes several of BUILD’s policy priorities. Thanks to the support of other organizations like BUILD Metro DC, this coming school year will be a better one for DC students! Learn more about the budget specifics, and how DC is making large strides towards ensuring next school year is the Strongest Year Yet for DC students, here.
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.