Greater Washington Partnership (GWP) introduced its new Inclusive Growth Strategy Council to recognize inclusive growth as the preeminent moral and economic imperative for the Capital Region. GWP has committed itself to fostering cross-sector collaboration with organizations, such as BUILD, to make sustainable progress in the District.
BUILD Metro DC is proud to match our student entrepreneurs with GWP’s members to change perceptions, grow together and celebrate youth development.
Congress just launched the Next Generation Entrepreneur Corps Act Read the Full Press Release “The Next Generation Entrepreneurship Corps program will aid in the small business recovery of distressed regions. […]
In June 2020, BUILD DC created our first-ever week-long online voting experience, Fund a Future! Participants were able to browse student teams, watch video pitches, review financial projections and marketing […]
https://build.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/BUILD-VC.m4v Last week sophomore students presented to their venture capital advisors kicking off a year-long relationship where advisors will guide students in growing their business and students will learn what […]
1. iPhone, iPad, Zoom and Loom are all choices of recording tools for their video presentation
2. Record with both students and their presentation in view
3. Record horizontally for the best view of the students and their presentation
4. Follow Presentation Diagram to the Right
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Notecards may be used as cue cards
•Pro Tip: Notecards should avoid having a full script
- Even when you are not speaking, don’t forget the camera is still recording!
•Be aware of your body language while you and your business partners are speaking
- Everyone has an opportunity to speak
- Professional dress is encouraged
- Practice makes perfect
•Practice how you will transition from each speaker
•Project your voice when you speak
Follow positioning format Above
Download a Sample of Our Curriculum
Fill out this form to receive a free sample of our curriculum and to receive occasional email updates on how to bring BUILD to your community.